This agreement was last updated on March 8, 2008.
At gotthenerve.com, ("we" or "the Site") we know that having trust and confidence in the companies you do business with is important to you. We are committed to making
sure that your personal information is correct, that we use your information responsibly, and that we have strict standards of confidentiality and security for your information.
other Website or offline point of contact between gotthenerve.com, or any other company, and consumers. By visiting this website you agree to be bound by the terms and
If you do not agree please do not use or access our Site.
- A Special Note About Children Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the Site, and we ask that children do not submit any personal
information to us.
- Information We Collect At gotthenerve.com, your privacy is our utmost concern, which is why we collect as little information about you as possible.
We may collect "personal information" (i.e. information that could be used to contact you directly such as full name or email address) or "demographic information" (i.e.
information that may include, but is not limited to, postal code, gender, username, and age/birth date). You personal information is confidential and will not
be made accessible to the public, other users of the site or anyone not employed by gotthenerve.com directly. Your "Profile" is available for other members to
view on the Site. Members' Profiles contain information that may include, but is not limited to, a description and photos, likes and dislikes, individual essays
and other information helpful in determining matches. Your viewable Profile does not include any identifying information about you, except the Username you chose
upon registering. We ask that you do not enter personal information into your Profile (for example, don't use your address or any part of your full name as your
username, or include your address or any part of your full name in your written responses), because if you do then it may be publicly on the Site, and the information
will then be treated as "public information." We are not responsible for, and cannot control, the use by others of any information, which you provide to them.
We cannot assume any responsibility for the content of messages sent by other users of the Site, and you release us from any and all liability in connection with
the contents of any communications you may receive from other users. We do not disclose your full name or email address nor do we sell it or make it available
- Cookies A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any
personally identifiable information while on our site. We use persistent cookies. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user's hard drive for
an extended period of time. Cookies are a perfectly normal part of Internet operations. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser's
help file directions.
By setting a cookie on our site, users would not have to log in a username and password more than once or re-enter quick search criteria, thereby saving
time while on
have given permission for them to set cookies for advertising.
- Log Files Like most standard web site servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider
(ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement in the aggregate,
and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc. are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- Surveys From time-to-time our Site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely
voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (i.e.
such as a name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as postal code). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes.
Anonymous survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. User's personally identifiable information
is not shared with third parties unless we give prior notice and choice.
- Chat Rooms, Instant Messengers, and Online Email Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - for example
in chat rooms, through email, or through instant messengers - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, by posting personal information
online that is publicly accessibly, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- Third-Party Advertising We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gif's or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness or provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. Any information that these parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by Google's Adwords and Adsense program, click here.
- Information Other Websites Collect From You On the Site, we place links to other website's operated by other parties. When you click on these links
and visit these other website's, regardless of whether or not they contain our brand names, trademarks and other intellectual property, you need to be
website's We encourage
our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
- Our Use of Your Information We use your contact information to send you valuable updates, offers and promotions, information, and newsletters from
gotthenerve.com and gotthenerve.com's partners and friends. The Site provides you with options to decline to receive communications from gotthenerve.com. The
demographic information that you gave at registration (i.e. your gender and age) may be used to tailor these emails to you. We may also customize these emails
to you based on the location (i.e. postal code, state, etc.) that you entered at registration.
If you have opted out to receive information from gotthenerve.com, you may receive occasional emails from gotthenerve.com regarding urgent site updates. These
rare updates will be sent to all members, including those who opted out of receiving all newsletters and promotions. The updates will be limited to information
that is critical to your usage of the Site and its partner sites.
- How We Use Public Information and Demographic Information We may evaluate all your demographic information. We may use public information to enable other
users to find your profile, to determine whether they are a match for you and to communicate with you. We may also share demographic information with advertisers on
an anonymous and aggregated basis (i.e. without telling the advertisers your identity). One of the reasons we may do this is to enhance the likelihood that our advertiser's
products and services will appeal to you. Our distribution of demographic information with advertisers is anonymous (i.e. we do not disclose to advertisers which gotthenerve.com
users are members of which demographic groups).
- Our Disclosure of Your Information Due to the existing regulatory environment, we cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personal
to disclose personal information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions
or private communications, or users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we use industry standard
practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
- External Service Providers There are a number of services offered by external service providers that help you use our Site (i.e. co-branded sites,
authentication, messaging agents). If you choose to use these optional services, and in the course of doing so, disclose information to the external service providers,
- Other Corporate Entities It is possible that gotthenerve.com, it's subsidiaries, joint ventures, or any combination of such, could join with or be
acquired by another business entity. Should such a combination occur, you should expect that gotthenerve.com would share some or all of your information in order
to continue to provide our services. You will receive notice of such an event (to the extent it occurs) and we will require that the new combined entity follow
the practices disclosed in this Privacy Statement.
- Online Behavior Gotthenerve.com users communicate with each other through personal ads, instant messengers, and chat rooms. While we do not, as a rule,
moderate or monitor members' private exchanges, we reserve the right to do so if we suspect users of being under 18 or of using our service for the purpose of
solicitation or any other violation of our Terms of Service. Personals ads that appear on the Site are strictly moderated and, if necessary, we reserve the right
to edit or delete any communication on a public area of the site. Under no circumstances, except as defined in this Section, can you disclose personally identifiable
information about another user to any third party without our consent and the consent of such other user after adequate disclosure. Gotthenerve.com and our users
do not tolerate spam in any form. To report spam from other gotthenerve.com users, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Profile Following registration, you can review and change the information you submitted during registration
through the Account menu including: Your password and email address. If you change your password and email we keep track of your email. You can also change
your registration information such as: postal code, country, profile, saved search criteria, and any other information contained within your Profile.
Upon your written request, we will suspend your membership, contact information, and financial information from our active databases. Such information will
be suspended as soon as reasonably possible.
We will retain the information you have requested to remove in order in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and
enforce our terms and conditions. Further, such prior information is never completely removed from our databases due to technical and legal constraints,
including stored "back up" systems. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your personally identifiable information will be entirely removed from
our databases in response to your requests.
- Control of Your Username and Password You are accountable for all actions taken with your username and password. Therefore we do not recommend that you disclose
your gotthenerve.com username and password to any third parties. If you share your username or password or any information with third parties to provide you additional
you may lose extensive control over your personally identifiable information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password
has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
we deem appropriate so our users are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.
If, however, we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify
users via email.
send us mail to:
Privacy and Security
124 W. Lockwood Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63119